L'Oreal Paris Intense Ombre Preference Review

Hi guys!

So I was quite impulsive yesterday evening and randomly decided that I would try to ombre my hair. I already had L'Oreal's ombre hair kit from when I thought I would try to ombre a few days ago but never got round to actually doing it then so I literally starting dying my hair last night at 11pm! 


The ombre kit comes with all the products/chemicals you need to actually change the colour of your hair. It also comes with gloves and a very handy little brush that makes sure you don't miss out any bits and pieces from your natural hair colour. 

As my natural hair colour is very dark (almost black), I knew that the dye wouldn't turn my hair a very light blonde at the bottom anyway because it is just too much of a stretch. However, I didn't really mind that because I can just go out and buy another pack to dye the tips a bit blonder if I still want to in a week. 

The dye was very easy to apply as you literally just squeeze the liquid onto the expert brush and then coming the brush through the ends of your hair. However, I would say that it is useful to have another person with you when doing this because they will be able to see parts of your hair that you may have missed that you would not be able to see in a mirror. If my friend wasn't with me while I was doing this and telling me which parts I had missed out, my hair would be a lot my streaky right now! 


So this is how my hair looks now. As you can see, it is a light brown/coppery tone where I applied the dye. As my hair is naturally black, I was very impressed to how light the ends of my hair actually turned with the colour! 

I was very nervous when washing out the dye in my hair because my hair felt very straw-like and I thought I had ruined the condition. However, the conditioner that comes with the L'Oreal Paris hair dye box works wonders and my hair actually feels silkier than usual after using it! My hair doesn't feel damaged or dry at all after using this dye.

All in all, I really like this product and it obviously works really well. I think I will probably go over the ends of my hair with a lighter shade again, just to neutralise some of the copper tones at the ends of my hair, but I am really happy with how well it turned out as it is a DIY product!

Have you guys ever dyed your hair? How did it go?

:) xxx
Powered by Blogger.