Orange is the New Black Makeup Tutorials



Lorna Morello


In the series, Morello is known for going against the rules by wearing her bright red lipstick and black eyeliner. She wears little other makeup except these two. Therefore, to re-create her look, I simply covered up my blemishes with my Bobbi Brown concealer and dabbed the tiniest bit of my Max Factor foundation across my face. I used such a small amount of foundation so that it would just cover up the concealer, but not actually make any real difference to my complexion. A natural look is key when re-creating these character's looks. 

Next, I used my eyebrow pencil to arch my eyebrow, just as Morello's is in this picture. As my eyebrows are naturally thicker than Morello's, I used a little bit of concealer to cover the eyebrow hairs I didn't want showing. This means that I was able to create the quite dramatically arched eyebrows without actually plucking out any of my own.

I then ran my felt tip eyeliner as close to my lashline as possible and added in the smallest amount of my Topshop Doe Eyed Lashses mascara. I then buffed in enough of my Bobbi Brown blush to the apples of my cheeks to make my cheeks as pink as Morello's. Finally, the signature lipstick. I think my bright red Saffron lipstick was the perfect match for Morello's look.

Nicky Nichols


Starting from my base again of tiny amounts of concealer and foundation, I began creating Nichols' look by picking out my MAC Pro Longwear Paint Point in Chilled on Ice and covered my entire eyelid with the colour. I then lightly went over this colour with my Zoeva Pigment Pot in colour 'Crystal Orchid' to set the colours. 

Next, I ran my Zoeva Graphic Eyes eyeliner in Black to Earth across the length of my bottom lash line and then smudged it out a little to recreate Nichols' signature messy eyeliner. With one coat of my Bobbi Brown mascara and a small amount of my Too Faced lipgloss in Mocha Freeze, this look was complete.

Alex Vause


Since I got my new glasses a couple of months ago, I have actually received multiple comments saying that I look a bit like Vause from the series. To get her look, I started with my base again and took my eyebrow pencil to recreate Vause's eyebrows first. Much like Morello's eyebrows, Vause's eyebrows are very thin so I has to 'blank out' some of my own to create a thinner shape. Vause's eyebrows are very curved and long so I tried to create the same shape as much as I could. 

Next, using my Sleek 'Oh So Special' palette, I chose the matt pink eyeshadow colour from the palette and covered my eyelids in the shade. Next, using my felt tip eyeliner pen, I drew on Vause's famous cat eye flicks. In some episodes, the cat eye is smaller than in other episodes, so I just went with the length that is shown in the picture above. I also took a small amount of bronzer down my cheekbones and then dusted some of my Bobbi Brown blush ontop of the bronzer. Lastly, using my B. lipstick in Cupcake, I coloured in my lips the lovely pink colour Alex has on in this picture.

Taylor Shilling/Piper Chapman


When doing an OITNB makeup tutorial, I couldn't not do a makeup tutorial on the main cast member! However, looking through pictures of Shilling's character, I found that she is actually the most natural looking of all of the characters and there really wouldn't be much to do for a tutorial. Therefore, I decided to recreate one of her looks from the red carpet. Taylor looks absolutely stunning here and so I wanted to break down what to do to look like Shilling in this pic. 

First off, I had my base ready again, just this time I was a little heavier with the concealer as this is less natural than the other looks. After applying my foundation and powdering the makeup to set it, I got my Real Techniques blush brush and lightly dusted my Bobbi Brown blush in Nude pick down my cheekbones and into the apples of my cheeks. I put a little more blush on the apples of my cheeks than I did my cheekbones because this is how Shilling's blush looks in the above picture. 

Next, I very quickly brushed a tiny bit of bronzer down the sides of my nose to make my nose seem slimmer and longer, just like how Shilling's is. After that, I took my Too Faced Bulletproof Brows kit and filled in my eyebrows with the same straightness in the first two thirds of the eyebrow and the arch in the last third. Next, I took my Naked Basics palette and covered my eyelid in the first colour, Venus. Venus is a very pretty cream colour and will help the next eye shadows we apply to pop in colour. I then took my Lancome fluffy brush and dusted from the outer corner of my eyelids into just after the middle of my eyelid the colour Naked 2. This is a very light brown colour in the palette, but as you can see, Shilling's eyeshadow is very subtle in this picture and it is always best to use a shade a bit lighter than you would like to because it means you can always add in more colour if need be, but it is very difficult to take away colour if you use a shade too dark. I took the Naked 2 colour into and slightly above my crease, just like how it has been done in the picture.

Next, I lined my waterline with my Zoeva Graphic Eyes eyeliner and on both the top and bottom lash lines. I then slightly smudged out the eyeliner on both lash lines to create the lovely smokey eye effect Taylor Shilling has going on. 

Lastly, I used a tiny bit of my Topshop lipstick in Saint on the middles of my lips and then smudged it out into the rest of my lips. Saint is a gorgeous natural pink colour but too much of it can make your lips look like they have disappeared into your face, which is why I prefer to use the smudging method with this lipstick. I then applied my natural looking lipgloss from Too Faced (Mocha Freeze) over the top of the lipstick and that was this look complete!

Hope you liked these four mini tutorials! Let me know what you would like to see next.

xxx
Powered by Blogger.