Emma Watson Makeup Tutorial: Brown Smokey Eyes

Hi guys!

This is the makeup tutorial for the makeup Emma Watson was wearing in her shoot for Glamour magazine. I absolutely love this look because it is so subtly sexy and looks absolutely gorgeous on Emma! Hope you enjoy! 


I started off this look with moisturising, priming and concealing my skin. I used a conceal stick and Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer to hide all my spots and bags under my eyes. I then used my favourite foundation (Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation) to cover up all the concealer.

Then, I just went under my eyes again with this liquid concealer.


Because of all the editing and photoshop of the picture, Emma has a very sheer, beautiful face. Now, there's no way I will ever be able to look like this in real life, but highlighting can help a lot. It really brings a new glow to your skin. I highlighted across my cheekbones, forehead and down the middle of my nose, just like Emma.


Powder your face to set the makeup you have done so far.


In this picture of Emma, she has got a lot of bronzer on and only the tiniest brush of blusher over the top of the bronzer. Try to re-create this with your own bronzer/blush sets. Contour heavily down your cheekbones and down the sides of your nose. Then dust over a very subtle amount of beige/pink bronzer to have a really natural looking glow.


Emma's eyebrows are really defined in this picture. Therefore, I went in with my Too Faced Bulletproof brows at first, then a brow pencil, and then finally the two darkest colours from my Naked Basics palette. Emma's eyebrows are straight-edged all the way through with an arch near the end of her eyebrow. Try to re-create this by using your eye-brow tools to fill in your eyebrows with a straight-edged arch instead of a curved arch. This will look much more like the eyebrows in the picture.


Next I primed my eyelids and covered them in a shimmery white eye shadow. As you can see, Emma's eyes start at white in the inner corners and then fade out into a lovely smokey brown shade. Therefore, covering your eyelids with white at the beginning will not only help you recreate the look but will also give you a base for the eye shadows to go onto later. 

Remember to go underneath the eye as well! Emma has eye shadow running across her lower lash line so remember to apply there too!


I then went in to cover the outer two thirds of my eyelid in a brown eye shadow. I used Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow in No Pressure. This is a lovely, warm brown colour. 


Lastly with the eye shadows, I got my Lancome fluffy brush and blended out the two darkest colours of my Naked Basics palette to create a gorgeous brown smokey eye effect. 


The mascaras I used were Lancome's Star Hypnose, Bobbi Brown's mascara and Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes. Remember to apply mascara to your bottom lashes too!


Last but not least, I covered my lips with a very natural pinky/brown colour as this is what Emma Watson's lips look like in the picture. 

After this, tidy up any eye shadow drop outs that may have occurred or any other bits you want to tidy up and you're done! 



This is the finished look! What do you guys think about it? Will you be trying this at home? Let me know! 

:) xxx
Powered by Blogger.