Kaya Scodelario Makeup Tutorial


Hi guys! 

I'm back with another celebrity makeup tutorial, this time it is inspired by the gorgeous Kaya Scodelario, best known for her performance as Effy on the popular British TV show 'Skins'. Please keep reading if you would like to see how I recreated the above look.


As you all know, I always start any makeup look I do with my moisturiser from Simple. Therefore, start by doing the same and then move onto primer. As I decided to wear this look out today, I used my favourite primer from GOSH to keep the makeup lasting for longer.


Next up is concealer. Conceal over any blemishes you may have and also conceal away the dark circles under your eyes. As this picture came from a magazine shoot, it is safe to assume that this has been photo-shopped into oblivion and therefore Scodelario's face is looking blemish free and perfect. Try to make yours as similar as possible without actual photoshop. You are beautiful without it!


Lightly contour down your cheekbones and sides of your nose. Scodelario has a very slim face and so if you have a slightly rounder face similar to myself, it is great to have a little help with bringing out your cheekbones. 

Highlight down the bridge of your nose, your chin and a little under your eyes and across the tops of your cheekbones to achieve the same pretty glow Kaya has in this picture.


This foundation is quite dark on my skin tone so I've only taken the smallest pump of it onto the back of my hand. Scodelario has very fair skin so make sure you don't go too heavy with the foundation. Blend the foundation in so there are no visible lines and you look completely natural. If the foundation is still too heavy, dab in small circles around your face with a makeup sponge to clear away any excess foundation.


I'm back with my trusty 2True Matte setting powder. The setting powder will get rid of any unwanted oily skin and set the makeup for a longer period of time. Apply lightly with a large powder brush across everywhere you put your foundation.


With your bronzer (I am loving Bourjois' Bronzing Powder at the moment) contour quite heavily down your cheekbones. As you can see from the picture, Scodelario has really bought out her cheekbones through the use of bronzer and so I aim to do the same. I can't see that Scodelario is wearing any blush in this picture, so I will be skipping this step.


Next is to recreate the dramatic eyebrows. For most of us, we will have to enhance or draw on these gorgeous brows so get ready your brow kit and/or pencil and get shaping! Like usual, I am using my Too Faced Bulletproof brows to get some colour and density into my brows, however it is really the pencil I am using that is actually creating the shape. Make sure to create long, dark eyebrows with a defined arch, just like Scodelario's.

I also went in with my Naked Basics palette to really cement the colour and shape by using an angled brush to dust across a combination of two of the palette's darkest colours - Faint and Crave. This really helped to define and shape the eyebrows, just like Kaya's are in this picture of her.

Lightly highlight with a small brush underneath the eyebrow, just on the brow bone to finish off the brows.


Scodelario has on a very metallic, pretty neutral beige-y/gold colour all over her eyelid and on the bottom lash line too. Therefore, I used my Scandaleyes Shadow Stick in 002 Bulletproof Beige and my MAC shadow stick in Warm & Cozy to cover all over those areas and then set the shadow sticks with my Zoeva pigment in Champagne beige. Try to use products that are metallic or shimmery because this is what will really make your eyes pop with colour.


Next, I took my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner and drew a short cat eye that sticks out at nearly at 90 degree angle from the outside of my eye. I took the eyeliner all the way in to line the corner of my inner eye as well. I then lined my top waterline lightly with my Zoeva Graphic Eyes pencil. 


I then applied mascara to my eyelashes to the point where it still looked natural but was very pretty and long also. I used my Bobbi Brown, Lancome and Charlotte Tilbury mascaras to achieve this.


Lastly is the natural pink lipstick. I am using no. 104 'Cupcake' from B. as it is a very pretty, pale and natural colour, much like the colour seen in this photo. After you have applied your own natural shade of lipstick, this look is complete.



Do you guys like this look? What look would you like to see next?

:) xxx
Powered by Blogger.