Jennifer Lawrence Makeup Tutorial


Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most down-to-earth, funny and sweet celebrities right now. She also has great makeup...


I had already moisturised and primed my face ready for makeup before taking pictures. Therefore, I am starting with concealer. Jennifer Lawrence has very natural face makeup on in nearly all her appearances so I will only be using my Bobbi Brown concealer in Warm Ivory today so I can minimize the amount of face makeup I put on.


I am using Max Factor's Luminating Foundation today because Jennifer Lawrence's skin glows in her look here. Only use a tab of it because of her natural looking skin here.


I concealed again under my eyes using MUA's Cover and Conceal stick and then lightly powdered my face. I only powdered lightly because I wanted the makeup to set on my face but Jennifer has a lovely glow to her skin that I didn't want to loose throw excessive powdering. 


I then took my contouring/highlighting kit and highlighted down the middle of my nose, my cheeks and cheekbones and my chin. These are the places you can see Jennifer's highlights come out too.


In this photo of Jennifer Lawrence, you can see she is wearing a lot of bronzer and hardly and blusher in comparison. Therefore, I took my bronzer down cheekbones and into the apples of my cheeks and down the bridge of my nose. I then lightly dusted the tiniest bit of my Bobbi Brown blush in Nude Pink across my cheeks and blended it into the bronzer.


Jennifer Lawrence has very natural eyebrows so I decided to only use an eyebrow pencil to imitate her eyebrows in this look. I'm not sure where this pencil came from, I think I bought it from eBay years ago! Jennifer's eyebrows are in a straight line, with no arch in this picture so that is how I drew mine on.


Next, onto the eyes, which are the most prominent part of the makeup look. Prime your eyelids for makeup (I use GOSH's Prime n' Refresh Eye Primer) and then take a silver eye shadow to coat the corners of your eye in. Take the silver eye shadow around the tear duct as well as you can see JL has some shimmer there.


Jennifer Lawrence is basically queen of the smokey eye on red carpets and in this photo, it's no different. You can see that she has a mix of blended out glittery browns and blacks for her eye shadow. Therefore, I started with this shimmery dark brown colour from my Sleek palette. I covered the middle and outer third of my eyelid with this colour and then blended it out with my Lancome Blending Brush. I also took this colour along my bottom lash line.


Next, I took my Zoeva Pigment Pot in Expensive Black to create the black shades around the eye. I used an angled brush to place the black eye shadow on the outer third of my eyelids and then used the same blending brush to blend the pigment out. I also put some of this along my bottom lash lines.


Jennifer Lawrence has a dramatic eyeliner effect in this photo so don't hold back! I drew a thick line all the way across the lash line of my eyelids and drew across my bottom lash lines as well. I also lined my waterline with this eyeliner and then blended some of the eyeliner across my eyelid to give a bit more of a messy look to it.


I noticed that Jennifer Lawrence isn't wearing a great deal of mascara in this picture so I did the same. I only used one coating of my Charlotte Tilbury mascara.


Jennifer Lawrence has on pink lipstick in this picture so I used my GOSH lipstick in Candyfloss to look the same. I decided that it was actually a bit too pink so I went over it with my new Too Faced lipgloss in Mocha Freeze to make it a little more natural. 


Done! Finished makeup look. I then parted my hair down the middle like Lawrence's and tried to do a similar style.

Do you guys like this look? What other looks would you like me to attempt?

xxx
Powered by Blogger.