L'Oreal Paris DIY Ombre: PART TWO. Feat. Preference Blonde

Hi guys! 

My post yesterday was on how I ombred my hair using L'Oreal's Intense Ombre. Today, I am back with part two as I am going lighter again! I mentioned in yesterday's post that I would probably put a bit of blonde in the ends of my hair to make it look like the conventional idea of 'ombre' and so that is what I am doing today! 


I have bought the same pack of ombre dye from yesterday's post and another L'Oreal Preference box in 'Extreme Platinum' colour. I bought the ombre box so I could put a few more highlights in my hair as I thought that I did it a little too 'blocky' before. Basically, my hair went from black to a light brown/copper colour very quickly with little gradient effect. I want to add in this gradient effect. 

I also bought the Extreme Platinum colour so I could dye the tips of my hair a very pretty blonde colour. I bought such an extreme blonde colour because on the box it is has a guide telling you what colour your hair will turn in regards to the hair colour you have at the moment. So I looked at the light brown hair colour and it sad it would turn a normal, pretty golden blonde colour.


So this is the first step I am doing (of my part 2) to ombre my hair! I have lightened the bottom again so it will really capture all the blonde colour I put in it later and I have added in a few bits further up my hair again so try and get a more gradual effect from the black into the light brown. 

I kept this dye on for 30 minutes.


This is the second step of the ombre hair. As you can see , I have only put the blonde right on the very ends of my hair as I quite liked the shade that came out with the dye I did earlier today. This helps to give me a gradual effect again.

I only left this dye in for ten minutes instead of the recommended 15 to 25 minutes as my hair was very light to begin with and I didn't want a white blonde on the tips of my hair, just a natural light blonde colour. Also, I have noticed in the past that my hair seems to take very quickly to whatever colour I am dying my hair, therefore, it was getting light very quickly and I got a bit nervous haha! 


So this is how my hair looks now. I am happy with it and really do not want to be dying my hair any time soon! I am scared of all the damage I have done to it now! :( What do you guys think? 

:) xxx
Powered by Blogger.