Food for Thought: A - Z of Fashion

Hi guys,

I've got a bit of a different post for you today as I was sent this interesting infographic of quotes from (or about) the most import people in fashion by the lovely people at www.farfetch.com. I was very intrigued when sent this because I have a huge interest in fashion and the great minds that have worked behind the scenes for a long time. 

Fashion has actually ran throughout my family for a long time now. My sister has a degree in fashion and textiles and now works within the fashion industry and my grandfather was manager of all the upstairs workers in London's most exclusive and expensive shop 'Asbury's'. My grandpa has told me all about the times he has made handbags for the Queen, cases for Elizabeth Taylor and all the other household names he grew to be close friends with. 

The infographic complies the most influential names in fashion in an easy A - Z guide with some of their best, most comedic or thought provoking quotes. I have two favourite quotes from this infographic, the first is actually the first quote you will probably read as it is from 'A'. Anna Wintour says "There is something about fashion that can make people really nervous." I absolutely love this quote! It turns fashion into something very mysterious, something unknown and something very, very cool. Here, Anna Wintour empowers those who have the ability to understand and create fashion. Fashion can make many people very nervous and so those with the skill to not only understand, but to create fashion are wildly talented in Wintour's eyes.

The second quote I fell in love with when scrolling through this infograph was the quote by Fausto Puglisi, the Italian designer. Puglisi's  quote "at the end of the day, I love making people feel beautiful" fits in perfectly with his interesting work in using bold colours and beautiful patterns.

I found Henry Holland's quote to be very funny. Holland says "looking stupid is part of the fun". This concept of fashion looking stupid comes alive in some of Holland's designs. The range is full of fun, quirky pieces and you can really see that Holland believes fashion should be fun and full of life. Many people that catwalk designs are rediculous and over the top, but Holland thinks that is is all part of the appeal of fashion, and I think I agree with him. 

Lastly, another quote I wanted to talk a little bit more about was from Vivienne Westwood. "My aim is to make the poor look rich and the rich look poor." I think this is very funny but also quite thought provoking. Westwood's designs are expensive, but not so expensive that you couldn't be bought one for a very special birthday or occassion. Westwood creates designs for everyone, thus making the poor look rich if they were her design, yet the rich look poor if they wear the same thing as the poor person. Westwood is bringing two very different classes of people together through one mutual interest - her incredible work. 

All in all, I think the few people that have made it to the top of the competitive fashion industry must have done so due to their unique ideas, strong mindedness and creative outlook and these quotes show off these qualities within all of the designers showcased.

If you would like to visit the company that created this infographic, please click here: www.farfetch.com
They are a luxury fashion website and sell the most unique, beautiful clothing. It is a little pricey because of the 'luxury' side to their pieces but even if (like me) you can't buy anything, I love just looking around the website and wondering what I would buy if I could!

:) xxx 
Powered by Blogger.