Dark Red Lipsticks: MAC, Rimmel, Topshop and Lord & Berry‏

I have mentioned before how my evening out 'look' is dark hair, pale skin and red lips. And when I say red, I mean red. In the daytime I prefer to go for a more natural, subtly enhanced look but when I am going out in the evening, the darker the red lippy, the better with me!


I have scoured the internet for the perfect shade and have spent an unfortunate amount of money on doing so as well. Here are my top 5 dark red lipsticks:

5. 2True Colour Drench Lip Gloss in shade 10 - Okay, so starting off my top 5 list of dark rep lipsticks is a product that is not a lipstick! It is dark red though... This is dark red lipgloss from a budget brand available from Superdrug etc. Despite the usual thought that cheaper brands won't give you the same quality as more expensive brands, this lip gloss looks great and lasts a long time! I would wear this lipgloss over any of the below lipsticks to give them that extra pop. The lipgloss is thick and reminds me of the poisonous apple from Snow White because of its colour and how juicy it makes your lips look.

4. Rimmel Lipstick in shade '128 Starry-eyed' - This lipstick is a little brighter than the others on this list. I am a huge fan of Rimmel lipsticks because their pigmentation always seems to come out great on the skin and they last a long time as well. I usually take this lipstick out with me in my bag anyway just in case I do need to top up, but I rarely ever do. I will wear this lipstick with black cat eyeliner and curled hair for a pretty vintage 1950's look.

3. Topshop Lipstick in shade 'Depth' - Technically a plum purple colour, this lipstick was an impulsive buy as this is my one and only purple lipstick. I was in Oxford Street's Topshop when I was looking for (more) red lipsticks when I came across this pretty colour. I decided I wanted to branch out and try a colour a bit more 'out there'. Again, the pigmentation on this lipstick is great, the colour comes out a very dark purple shade which is great for nights out. Not really a colour for your everyday look, this Topshop lipstick is excellent for a statement look or even for some Halloween costumes, however I like to wear it not in costume as well.

2. MAC Matt Lipstick in shade 'A32  Diva' - My favourite lipstick for general nights out and a less dramatic look. This lipstick has the most beautiful colour that comes out of the little tube and literally stays on all night. Throughout dancing, drinking, laughing and talking, this lipstick doesn't need to be topped up for the whole night. It is literally unsmudgeable. However, no matter how much it doesn't budge in the night, it comes off easily with a makeup wipe when you get home that evening (or the next morning...) MAC is renound for their good quality, good looking make up and this lipstick is no different. An absolute must have in dark lipsticks, I have had countless compliments on this colour. 

1. Lord & Berry in shade 'Vogue' - My number one is Lord and Berry's shade 'Vogue'. I had not heard of Lord & Berry before I found this lipstick and boy, am I glad I did find it! My search for dark lipsticks turned into an obsession. I would search every phrase, word or product I could possibly think of to try and find the goldmine of lipsticks, the burgundy jewel. I wanted a lipstick so dark it was basically black, but with that little hint of red that would hide into the depths of the colour. This was it. I spent more than I spend on most clothes on this lipstick and I couldn't be more pleased. This is a colour for a dramatic look, for when you are trying to make a statement. Like my MAC lipstick, the Lord & Berry shade stays on all night and doesn't budge. The little tube has lasted me months now and is still going - you really don't need to apply a lot of this shade to get the look you desire. Two thumbs up from me - couldn't be more happy with it! 



What are your favourite lipsticks? Are there any you can recommend me?

xxx
Powered by Blogger.